Single Sign-On, what is that? Single Sign-On, or SSO is an authentication method that enables your faculty and students to securely authenticate and login to Tevera using just one set of credentials.
Tevera does support single sign-on. When you’re ready, let your CSM know and we will set up single sign-on for your university’s Tevera database.
Types of SSOs
- For LTI single sign-on, we need to know whether you will be using your system username or an email address as a username in the Tevera system, as we need to configure our system to know which LTI parameter (lis_person_contact_email_primary or user_id) will carry the user name.
- Required for SAML 2.0 SSO:
- SAML system login URL
- SAML system logout
- Entity Id for the SAML system
- The name of the authenticating system
- The X509 public key certificate
- We have a simple proprietary SSO mechanism based on a timestamp and a secret key, similar to many other web services.